Qamcom is a world class solution provider and centre of excellence for R&D partnerships. Our ambition is to make an impact by creating value through technology, developing innovative products on the front edge of what is possible. We do this by combining several very strong technical expertise domains with a well-developed sense for strategy and business. Our approach to technology development is completely industry-independent and can be adapted to particular circumstances, business goals and desired effect.
We have a diverse assortment of high-profile in-house product development projects and external assignments in different industries. The common factor is the technical edge of our projects and that we join our clients and partners early on in the problem-solving cycle. We often take a project the whole way from a blank slate to a complete solution ready for commercial deployment.
Some examples of areas we work with are Signal Processing, Industrial AI and IoT, Wireless Communication, System Engineering and High Frequency electronics, in industries including Aerospace, Automotive, Manufacturing, Medtech, Telecom and Smart Cities. We are working on several projects at the bleeding edge of technology, including one which we believe will constitute a paradigm shift in biometric identification.
At Qamcom, we embrace diversity. Not only because it is a given to us, but we believe diversity is good for business as it drives innovative thinking and improves the quality of our work. We also place a high value on having fun and enjoying what we do, individually and together!
The opportunity and ideal person
As a Senior (Embedded) Systems Engineer, you will join our team of experienced software & hardware engineers and algorithm specialists in our Stockholm office, playing a crucial role in ensuring that our solutions perform at the very edge of what is possible.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Hands on role throughout the whole development process, starting from requirement definition and management, through design, development and prototyping, all the way to testing and commercial development
- Working closely with our customers and partners to identify requirements and needs, define the product’s functionality, and make various implementation choices, life cycle considerations and so forth.
You are used to working in an environment where you quickly need to familiarize yourself with unknown areas. You are curious and self-driven, with the ambition to constantly further your skills. Your ability to work independently combined with your aptitude for teamwork will fit perfectly into our role-based organization with cross-functional teams, affording you a lot of flexibility and freedom.
Qualifications and Experience
- 6 years of experience from Systems Engineering and Systems Architecture of embedded systems
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Understanding of CI/CD and good coding practices and of agile methodologies
- Knowledge in Digital Electronics
- Knowledge in Hardware Design
- Basic project management skills
- Fluency in English
- Swedish resident or Swedish work permit
- Experience with implementation of computationally demanding software (e.g., AI algorithms) on embedded systems
- Hands on experience with relevant industry standards in project requirements phase and implementation (e.g. functional safety standards or MedTech standards)
- Hands-on experience with cyber and / or information security, from threat and risk assessment to implementation and testing
- Understanding of the fundamental working principles of electromagnetic sensors
- Working proficiency in Swedish
Please apply at the latest on 15 December 2021. Evaluation of candidates will be made continuously.