Is safety your passion?
Do you want to be a part of driving the Qamcom safety journey? Are you a master of Functional Safety and ISO 26262?
You now have the chance to join us, the System Safety domain, and make safety-critical systems even safer! We are a team of highly skilled and motivated persons driving multiple aspects of functional safety for all technologies and for the complete life cycle of our global range of products.
The team is now looking to find a talent with great experience in functional safety development and with the ability to hands on support product development in accordance with e.g. ISO 26262.You will be one of Qamcom’s experts and you will find yourself at the center of the technology shift which is happening right now in many industries. You will be developing advanced products with a multitude of different purposes and crossing into several of our technology expertise areas. You would get to join a team of people who, like you, are passionate about developing cutting-edge embedded systems for high-tech applications within areas such as Industrial IoT and AI, Sensor Systems, Radar Systems, Communications Systems, Medtech, Autonomous Vehicles and others. People who enjoy working in cross-functional expert teams to solve challenging technical problems in many different areas.
As Senior Functional Safety Engineer, you will be involved in product development activities where your main responsibility will be to both drive the overall activities and knowledge sharing in the Qamcom system safety journey, as well as providing hands on support to development organizations. This support will be ranging from planning of development to secure safety, down to leading and performing functional safety activities in accordance with set ways of working and instructions.
You will maintain a high level of integrity, credibility and competence when providing a common direction to secure development of safe products.
Occasional travels can be required.
- M.Sc. Degree or PhD in Software, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Automation or equivalent.
- You have in-depth knowledge and experience of ISO 26262 and its application.
- Experience of performing assessment & audits.
- Senior experience in developing electronic or software systems, preferable with a combination of functional-, system-, hardware and software development for embedded systems.
- Experience from agile product development in a large organization is a strong merit.
- Practical experience from other related standards e.g. SOTIF and IEC 61508 is a merit.
- Leadership and hands on coaching experience is a merit
- Since you will be reviewing complex work products written in English, it is important that your English skill is at a level of C1 minimum.
- You have a high level of drive, integrity, independence and perseverance.
- You have excellent communication skills with a natural ability and desire to train and coach others.
- You have a keen eye for understanding the business needs and balancing the pragmatic and theoretical application and approach.
- You will be part of a team that treats consultants as a full team member - with a lot of fun, nice colleagues, good office environment and a smart work-life-balance.
Evaluation of candidates will be made continuously.