As a Senior HW Engineer, you will join our team of experienced hardware and software engineers and algorithm specialists in our Gothenburg office, playing a crucial role in ensuring that our solutions perform at the very edge of what is possible.
You have a broad background and experience that equates to creative design solutions that are both elegant and robust. First and foremost: you are an expert in developing hardware systems and shipping to production.
Your responsibilities will include:
- You will work with everything from rapid prototyping and hardware system design to in-depth product development and implementation, always with strong focus on outstanding quality.
- You will typically work closely with our customers to identify requirements and needs, define a product’s functionality and select or design suitable hardware, as well as make implementation choices and life cycle considerations.
We often work in close partnership with other companies, hence your ability and confidence to engage in direct discussions with clients and other stakeholders, within the technical domain, will be a clear success factor.
You are used to working in an environment where you quickly need to familiarize yourself with unknown areas. You are curios and self-driven, with the ambition to constantly further your skills. Your ability to work independently combined with your aptitude for teamwork will fit perfectly into our role-based organization with cross-functional teams, affording you a lot of flexibility and freedom.
Baseline qualifications for this position:
- At least six years of direct industry experience in hardware engineering and product development of embedded systems.
- Experience from hardware design from idea to high volume manufacturing
- Knowledge about standard communication protocols such as DDR4/5, PCIe, RS232, I2C, SPI, SDIP, CAN, MIPI-CSI2, Ethernet and USB
- Experience in hardware design tools
- Understanding of regulatory requirements (EMC, EMI, RoHS, …) and certifications
- Fluency in English
- Swedish work permit (or citizenship)
Meriting qualifications for this position:
- High-speed data communication design
- EMC sensitive design solutions
- Simulation tools for Signal integrity in High Speed PCB design
- Python programming
- PCB Layout
Qamcom has the ambition to make an impact and create value through technology.
We have a highly diverse assortment of high-profile in-house product development projects and external assignments across different industries and with many different goals and purposes. The common denominator is the technical edge of our projects and that we join our customers early in the problem solving or product development cycle and often take a project the whole way from a blank paper to a complete product or solution ready for commercial deployment.
Being an expert at Qamcom typically means that you enjoy solving challenging technical problems and strive to evolve both personally and professionally. All Qamcom experts have a background including at least 6 years of relevant industrial experience or a technical PhD education.
How we work:
- We work in an environment where you quickly need to familiarize yourself with unknown areas, hence an interest and knowledge in different kinds of technology is important.
- We work closely with our customers in an agile framework and in cross-functional teams where self-motivation as well as teamwork are essential components.
- We operate through a role-based organization where self-management and self-organization are key, offering a lot of flexibility and freedom in the way we work.
- We also place a high value on having fun and enjoying what we do, individually and together!
- Expertise, Evolution and Enthusiasm are core values that we try to live by.
At Qamcom, we embrace diversity. Not only because it is a given thing to us, but also because we believe diversity is good for business as it drives innovative thinking and improves the quality of our work.
Please apply as soon as possible. Evaluation of candidates will be made continuously.