We need you and we need you now.
Are safety cases your passion?
Do you want to be a part of driving the Qamcom system safety journey? You now have the chance to join us, the System Safety team, and make systems even safer! We are a central team of highly skilled and motivated persons driving multiple aspects of system safety for all technologies and for the complete life cycle of our global range of products.
The team is now looking to find a talent with experience in leading and performing work in creating safety cases for complex products. The application domain here may include UAVs (flying drones), automotive and machinery.
For UAVs, understanding the workings and procedures with Civil Aviation Authorities, e.g. Luftfartsverket, FAA and EASA, is a merit.
You will be one of Qamcom’s experts and you will find yourself at the center of the technology shift which is happening right now in many industries. You will be developing advanced products with a multitude of different purposes and crossing into several of our technology expertise areas. You would get to join a team of people who, like you, are passionate about developing cutting-edge embedded systems for high-tech applications within areas such as Industrial IoT and AI, Sensor Systems, Radar Systems, Communications Systems, Medtech, Autonomous Vehicles and others. People who enjoy working in cross-functional expert teams to solve challenging technical problems in many different areas.
As Safety Case Engineer, you will be involved in product development activities where your main responsibility will be to both drive the overall activities and knowledge sharing in the Qamcom Group system safety journey, as well as providing hands on support to development organizations. This support will be ranging from planning of development to secure safety, down to leading and performing safety case activities in accordance with set ways of working and instructions.
You will maintain a high level of integrity, credibility and competence when providing a common direction to secure development of safe products.
Occasional travels can be required.
- M.Sc. Degree or PhD in Electrical / Computer Engineering, Mechatronics, Automation or equivalent.
- You have knowledge and experience of making safety cases for complex products.
- Experience in developing electronic or software systems, preferable with a combination of functional-, system-, hardware and software development for embedded systems.
- Practical experience from relevant standards. Note that these are domain specific.
- Leadership and hands on coaching experience is a merit
- Since you will be working with documents and work products written in English, it is important that your English skill is at a level of C1 minimum.
- You have a high level of drive, integrity, independence and perseverance.
- You have excellent communication skills with a natural ability and desire to train and coach others.
- You have a keen eye for understanding the business needs and balancing the pragmatic and theoretical application and approach.
- You will be part of a team that treats consultants as a full team member - with a lot of fun, nice colleagues, good office environment and a smart work-life-balance.
Qamcom has the ambition to make an impact and create value through technology.
We have a highly diverse assortment of high-profile in-house product development projects and external assignments across different industries and with many different goals and purposes. The common denominator is the technical edge of our projects and that we join our customers early in the problem solving or product development cycle and often take a project the whole way from a blank paper to a complete product or solution ready for commercial deployment.
Being an expert at Qamcom typically means that you enjoy solving challenging technical problems and strive to evolve both personally and professionally.
How we work:
- We work in an environment where you quickly need to familiarize yourself with unknown areas, hence an interest and knowledge in different kinds of technology is important.
- We work closely with our customers in an agile framework and in cross-functional teams where self-motivation as well as teamwork are essential components.
- We operate through a role-based organization where self-management and self-organization are key, offering a lot of flexibility and freedom in the way we work.
- We also place a high value on having fun and enjoying what we do, individually and together!
At Qamcom, we embrace diversity. Not only because it is a given thing to us, but also because we believe diversity is good for business as it drives innovative thinking and improves the quality of our work.
Evaluation of candidates will be made continuously