Join our team of experienced engineers, problem solvers and technology nerds!
Qamcom Stockholm is growing and we are now looking for a senior Systems Engineer with experience of embedded systems. Examples of relevant tasks are
- Being hands-on throughout the whole development process — from requirement definition and management, through design, development and prototyping, all the way to testing and commercial development
- Working closely with our customers and partners to identify requirements and needs, define the product functionality, as well as to make implementation choices based on life cycle considerations
- Lead, mentor and facilitate constructive collaboration among team members as well as stakeholders across different fields and disciplines
What we offer
- The possibility to join product development projects in different sectors from an early idea stage to the commercial deployment of complete systems
- A cohort of senior developers as colleagues across three sites in Sweden, plus two international ones
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home a couple of days a week
- A role-based organisation with a slimmer decision-making process and increased individual autonomy and responsibility
- A range of benefits including a comprehensive insurance program (pension, long sickness benefits, etc), a generous parental leave and wellness policy, as well as our yearly ski trip
What we expect
As a person, you are curious and self-driven; you have the ambition to constantly develop your skills and are used to working in an environment where you quickly need to familiarize yourself with unknown areas. Your ability to work independently combined with your aptitude for teamwork will fit perfectly into our role-based organization with cross-functional teams, affording you a lot of flexibility and freedom. In order to succeed in this role, you also need excellent communication skills, as well as a keen eye for understanding the business needs and engineering trade-offs that may be required.
Baseline Qualifications and Experience:
- 6+ years of relevant industrial experience with embedded systems
- 3+ years of experience with Systems Engineering
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Understanding of CI/CD and good coding practices and of agile methodologies
- Knowledge in Digital Electronics
- Knowledge in Hardware Design
- Basic project management skills
- Fluency in English
- Working proficiency in Swedish
- Swedish resident or Swedish work permit
- Experience with implementation of computationally-demanding software (e.g., AI algorithms) on embedded systems
- Hands-on experience with relevant industry standards in project requirements phase and implementation (e.g. functional safety standards or MedTech standards)
- Hands-on experience with cyber and / or information security, from threat and risk assessment to implementation and testing
- Understanding of the fundamental working principles of electromagnetic sensors
- Customer-facing experience
About Qamcom Stockholm
Qamcom is a world-class solution provider in the field of embedded systems. Our ambition is to create value through technology. Our strength lies in the fact that
- we only hire senior developers,
- we have the competence in-house to build complete systems, including SW and algorithm development, electronics, mechanics, optics, as well as wireless connectivity and cloud,
- we join our clients and partners early on in the problem-solving cycle, and often take a project all the way from a very early-stage idea to a solution ready for commercial deployment.
In our Stockholm office (Kista), we work mostly with product development in the fields of Industrial AI and IoT, signal- and image processing and MedTech. One of our projects resulted in a device used to develop a vaccine for Covid-19. Another produced a computer vision-based solution for traffic management.
We are now making a massive push to recruit senior talent and we will soon be moving to a larger office. If you too think that solving complex real-life problems is fun, maybe you should join us?
At Qamcom, we believe diversity is good for business as it drives innovative thinking and improves the quality of our work. In our Stockholm office, we have 9 different nationalities represented. We also place a high value on having fun and enjoying what we do, individually and together.
Apply at the latest on October 21, 2022. Please note that interviews will be held on an ongoing basis and that the position can therefore be filled prior to this deadline.