Join our team of problem solvers, technology enthusiasts and experienced engineers!
We are now looking for someone like you, a senior Embedded Developer with experience in the entire product development lifecycle.
Qamcom is a knowledge-based Tech company in hardware, software, and system development. By connecting research, technology, and business development, we create innovative solutions into value for our customers, the industry, society, and people. We believe that the best way to bring value into products and solutions is to harmonize creativity.
We have offices in Gothenburg, Stockholm, Linköping, Budapest, and Wellington. We also have Qamcom Anywhere, our remote office. In total, we are a team of 170 experts in various technology fields, working in a decentralized organization without traditional hierarchies. We believe this leads to increased knowledge-share, increased innovation, productivity and accelerated personal development.
About the role
Join our dynamic team as an Embedded Developer and challenge the boundaries of technology. In this role, you will be involved in diverse product development projects, guiding them from initial concepts to full-scale commercial deployment. As a key team member, you will play a vital role in our experienced international team, contributing to all aspects of the product development journey. Your responsibilities include collaborating closely with customers to understand their needs, shaping product functionality, and making crucial decisions regarding algorithms, implementation, and long-term sustainability.
Who are you?
You are an experienced Embedded Developer who has been involved in the entire product development process. You are communicative, innovative, and eager to generate new ideas. You enjoy working closely with others but are also comfortable working independently. You are used to working in an environment where you quickly familiarize yourself with unknown areas.
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience in embedded development and/or MSc or PhD
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Experience with Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with Embedded Linux and Bootloaders
- Experience with Driver development
- Experience with Board Bring-up
- Experience with Application layer functionality
- Experience with CI/CD and good coding practices
- Fluency in English and a Swedish work permit are required
- Experience with programming frameworks like Qt
- Experience with Yocto
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Security Critical Systems
- Understanding of Systems Engineering and Architecture
- Experience in networking solutions such as Ethernet switches, Cellular routers etc and protocols such as TCP/IP, VLAN, QoS, RS232, I2C, SPI, CAN, Sockets etc
- Development of testing schemes for manufacturing
- Knowledge of ARM
- Basic knowledge in Digital Electronics and Hardware Design
What we offer:
At Qamcom, you will be part of a dynamic work environment with the ambition to make an impact and create value through technology. We have a diverse assortment of in-house product development projects and external assignments across different industries and with many different goals and purposes. We often take a project the whole way from a blank paper to a complete product or solution ready for commercial deployment.
- A cohort of senior developers as colleagues across three sites in Sweden, plus two international locations
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home a couple of days a week
- An organisation with a slimmer decision-making process built on trust and personal responsibility.
- Comprehensive insurance program (pension, long sickness benefits, etc)
- Opportunity to invest in Qamcom (shareholder)
- A generous parental leave (90% of the salary)
- Wellness policy (up to 5000 SEK/year)
- Leasing of a bicycle (benefit value up to 3000 SEK/year)
- Option for a company car (deducted from the gross salary)
- An annual ski trip with colleagues from all sites
At Qamcom, we embrace diversity. Not only because it is a given thing to us, but also because we believe diversity is good for business as it drives innovative thinking and improves the quality of our work. We also place a high value on having fun and enjoying what we do!
Are we the employer you are looking for? Fantastic! Apply now.
Full-time position, Hybrid
Start date: Mutual agreement
What happens after my application?
We will carefully evaluate your application to assess how well your background align with our projects. Interviews and selection are conducted on an ongoing basis, so please don't hesitate to submit your application!