Join our team of problem solvers, technology enthusiasts and experienced engineers!
We are now looking for someone like you, an experienced Embedded Software Engineer with an innovative mindset.
Qamcom is a knowledge-based Tech company in hardware, software, and system development. By connecting research, technology, and business development, we create innovative solutions into value for our customers, the industry, society, and people. We believe that the best way to bring value into products and solutions is to harmonize creativity.
About the role
Join our dynamic team as an Embedded Software Developer and challenge the boundaries of technology. In this role, you will be involved in diverse product development projects, guiding them from initial concepts to full-scale commercial deployment. As a key team member, you will play a vital role in our experienced international team, contributing to all aspects of the product development journey.
Who are you?
You are an innovative Embedded Software Developer with an interest in industrial AI, IoT or Medtech, bringing valuable experience to the team. You enjoy working closely with your colleagues but are also comfortable working independently. You are used to working in an environment where you quickly familiarize yourself with unknown areas.
- A great understanding of software development life cycle and best practices
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience in embedded development or PhD
- Experience in C/C++
- Experience with Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with Driver development
- Experience with Application layer functionality
- Experience in CI/CD and agile software development methodologies
- Swedish resident or Swedish work permit
Nice to have
- Experience with Yocto
- Experience with Python
- Understanding of Systems Engineering and Architecture
- Basic knowledge in Digital Electronics and Hardware Design
What we offer
At Qamcom, you'll be part of a dynamic work environment, offering you the chance to make a meaningful impact. We work closely with our customers to identify requirements and needs, define a product’s functionality, and do algorithm selection, implementation choices and life cycle considerations.
- A cohort of senior developers as colleagues across three sites in Sweden, plus two international locations
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home a couple of days a week
- An organisation with a slimmer decision-making process built on trust and personal responsibility.
- Comprehensive insurance program (pension, long sickness benefits, etc)
- Shortening of work time (ATK dagar)
- Yearly bonus
- Opportunity to invest in Qamcom (shareholder)
- A generous parental leave (90% of the salary)
- Wellness policy (up to 5000 SEK/year)
- Leasing of a bicycle (benefit value up to 3000 SEK/year)
- An annual ski trip with colleagues from all sites
About Qamcom Stockholm
In our Stockholm office (Kista), we work mostly with product development in the fields of Industrial AI and IoT, signal- and image processing and MedTech. One of our projects resulted in a device used to develop a vaccine for Covid-19. Another produced a computer vision-based solution for traffic management.
We have recently moved to a brand-new office in Time Building and we are now making a massive push to recruit senior colleagues. If you're excited about the idea of working on different in-house and
customer projects to solve real-life problems for smart connected embedded
systems involving everything from software and algorithms to
mechanics and optics, along with wireless connectivity and cloud
solutions, and if you find it fun to tackle complex challenges with
a talented team, maybe you should join us?
At Qamcom, we believe diversity drives innovative thinking and improves the quality of our work. In our Stockholm office, we have 9 different nationalities represented. We also place a high value on having fun and enjoying what we do.
Are we the employer you are looking for? Fantastic! Apply now.
Full-time position, Hybrid
Location: Stockholm, Kista
Apply latest: January, 31st 2024
Start date: Mutual agreement
What happens after my application?
We will carefully evaluate your application to assess how well your background align with our projects. Interviews and selection are conducted on an ongoing basis, so please don't hesitate to submit your application!
We have offices in Gothenburg, Stockholm, Linköping, Budapest, and Wellington. We also have Qamcom Anywhere, our remote office. In total, we are a team of 170 experts in various technology fields, working in a decentralized organization without traditional hierarchies something that we believe this leads to increased knowledge-share, increased innovation, productivity and accelerated personal development.